How the Way to Go! School Challenge Works:
1. Sign up your school today
It’s super simple to get your school to participate in this year’s Way to Go! School Challenge: Simply sign up here. Within 2-4 business days, you’ll be contacted by our team to verify your participation and identify a main point of contact.
2. Get your leadership team together
For best results, many schools assemble a leadership team of 3-5 people to help motivate students, staff, and teachers to use alternative transportation. Don’t worry – we’ll supply your team with a School Success Kit to get the most out of the challenge.
3. Get moving: September 25th – October 6th
Whether it’s bus, bike, carpool, or roll (scooters with helmets of course!), there are multiple ways students, staff, and teachers can get to and from school. For a full list of ways to go, as well as helpful area resources, please see the Ways to Go! page.
4. Tally up your results by October 11th (don’t forget extra credit!)
Before the challenge, our team will supply your teachers with paper worksheets and online tools to tally up their class’ results. Those results are turned into the school coordinator who uploads them to our Way to Go! team.
To qualify for the AllEarth Renewables Solar Tracker, 50% of students, teachers, and staff from your school must bus, walk, bike/roll, or carpool for at least one morning.
- Get one extra credit point by having 50% participation for at least 3 mornings.
- Get one extra credit point by having 75% participation for at least one morning.
- Get two extra credit points by achieving both of these goals.
5. Win awesome prizes & recognition for your school
Through the generous contribution of AllEarth Renewables, the randomly-selected qualified school will win a Solar Tracker. For many schools, that’s a significant energy savings! Other prizes and school recognition will be announced as the challenge gets closer. Stay tuned!
Ready to battle carbon pollution head-on? Sign up today by clicking the link below: