Awards and Prizes
Win a Solar Tracker for Your School Plus Other Great Prizes!
This year, through the generous contribution of AllEarth Renewables, the randomly-selected qualified school (over 50% participation for at least one day) will win a Solar Tracker for their school. For many schools, that’s a significant upfront cost and ongoing energy savings! One lucky school will win an AllEarth Renewables Solar Tracker, including installation and permitting.
Power up your school with 5,000 watts and 7,500 kWh/yr. Because this tracker uses GPS technology to follow the sun throughout the day, it also provides up to 45% more energy than fixed systems!
The overall winner of the Way to Go! School Challenge and the school with the highest participation rate will win Carbon Cups to display in their school lobbies for all to enjoy.
Carbon Leader Awards
Other schools may be awarded a custom-made Vermont license plate trophy for Carbon-cutting leadership:
- Highest percentage of students on the bus
- Highest percentage of students, staff, and teachers walking, rolling or biking
- Best photo or video promoting the Way to Go! School Challenge shared to our Facebook or Twitter pages
- Best city school* (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
- Best rural school (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
*City schools include:
- Barre City
- Newport City
- Rutland City
- St. Albans City
- South Burlington
All winners will be announced on our website, through social media, and in a statewide press release. Winners will also be recognized at our appreciation ceremony.