Awards and Prizes
Win a Solar Tracker for Your School, Plus Other Great Prizes!
This year, through the generous contribution of AllEarth Renewables, the randomly-selected qualified school (over 50% participation for at least one day) will win a Solar Tracker for their school. For many schools, that’s a significant upfront cost and ongoing energy savings! One lucky school will win an AllEarth Renewables Solar Tracker, including installation and permitting.
Power up your school with 5,000 watts and 7,500 kWh/yr. Because this tracker uses GPS technology to follow the sun throughout the day, it also provides up to 45% more energy than fixed systems!
We have two brand-new ten-bike indoor bike rack systems to give away, a $2k value, courtesy of Local Motion.
The overall winner of the Way to Go! School Challenge and the school with the highest participation rate will win Carbon Cups to display in their school lobbies for all to enjoy.
Carbon-Cutting Leader Awards
Other schools may be awarded a custom-made Vermont license plate trophy for Carbon-cutting leadership:
- Highest percentage of students on the bus
- Highest percentage of students, staff, and teachers walking, rolling or biking
- Best photo or video promoting the Way to Go! School Challenge shared to our Facebook or Twitter page. Share to our Facebook page here. Or, tag us on Twitter by using @WayToGoVT in your post.
- Best city school* (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
- Best rural school (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
Participate in the Young Writers Project! Students who respond to the Way to Go! School Challenge writing prompt will be considered for publication in local newspapers, as well as VPR.net and VtDigger.org, during the challenge dates.
All winners will be announced on our website, through social media, and in a statewide press release. Winners will also be recognized at our appreciation ceremony.
*City schools include Barre City, Burlington, Montpelier, Newport City, Rutland City, St. Albans City, South Burlington, Vergennes and Winooski.