This year’s Challenge is complete…
Congratulations to Shelburne Community School on being the lucky recipient of this year’s school prize – an AllEarth Solar Tracker!
Participate and Win Big: More Than $100,000 in Value!
- Schools: Win a Solar Tracker valued at $32,000, permitting and installation included, and save $85,000 in energy costs
- Teachers/Staff: Win PATHpoints and individual prizes for participating
3 Easy Steps
- Sign up your school (team captain), then teachers/staff sign up as participants
- Everyone has fun doing the challenge, Sept 26th–Oct 7th
- The team captain reports student results by Monday, October 17th on the school’s dashboard.
Having trouble accessing your dashboard? Contact us at 800.685.RIDE (7433) or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you.
Win a Solar Tracker for your School!
One lucky Vermont K-12 school will win a Vermont-manufactured AllEarth Solar Tracker valued at over $32,000! Power-up your school with 5,000 watts and 7,500 kWh/yr. Because this tracker uses GPS technology to follow the sun throughout the day, it also provides up to 45% more energy than fixed systems, providing an estimated $85,000 in power value over the life of the tracker.
Steps to Victory:
- Identify one primary contact and sign-up your school online. You are encouraged to have at least one Captain or small group of faculty/students to help coordinate the activities. Each school should have their own Captain sign-up online to accept the Way to Go! Challenge.
- Plan how to advance your school to Way to Go! victory. Visit our promotion kit for marketing materials to help you get the word out. *Captains: Look for email reminders and news to share from the Way to Go! Team.
- Faculty and staff sign themselves up online for a chance to win prizes.
Simply select your school. You may also be eligible to earn VEHI PATHpoints. Check with your building’s wellness leader to ensure that they are offering this as awellness leader event.
- Track student participation using Way to Go! Tally Sheets. Submit results online.
- Complete extra credit activities to increase your chance to win.
More Chances To Win! Earn Up To Five Extra Credits
Improve your chances to win a solar tracker by earning one extra credit through one or more of these bonus ideas:
- Announce and promote Way to Go! at a school assembly prior to September 26th.
- Convince your school Principal to walk, bike, use public transportation, or carpool at least three days during the Way to Go! Challenge.
- Analyze your school’s transportation carbon footprint, and determine how participation in the Way To Go! Challenge will reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Submit your results to VEEP at email@example.com.
Helpful tips: Get your Science or Math class involved! You can use VEEP’s transportation lessons or design your own; either way send a short (one paragraph) description of the activities you and your students did to VEEP at firstname.lastname@example.org to get credit for this challenge.
- Create a short video (2 minutes or less) that promotes green transportation or the Way To Go! Challenge. Share the final video on your website or through social media, and submit the link to email@example.com.
Note: By submitting the file or link to Way to Go!, you are granting permission to team organizers to share for marketing purposes, including on the Way to Go! Facebook page.
- Get 75% or more of your school to participate at least 5 days during the two week Way to Go! Challenge, and report your results online.
Solar Tracker Contest Rules:
- Must be a Vermont K-12 public or private school to sign up.
- Schools must sign-up online, track your Way to Go! Challenge participation, and turn in your results by October 11.
- Students report directly to the school Captain (or Safe Routes Coordinator), who summarizes results on Tally Sheets and online.
- Faculty/Staff sign themselves up online, and enter a minimum of four trips during the two-week event to earn PATHpoints (for PATHpoints, be sure to report results to your wellness leader).
- A minimum of 50% of students, faculty and staff in the school must participate at least one day, to be eligible for the random drawing of the solar tracker.*
- Earn extra credits through bonus activities for more changes to win the raffle drawing. Each bonus credit (above) completed by a school will earn them another chance in the drawing.
*Way to Go! Team will assess if the 50% participation is reached based on total school population (all student, faculty, and staff members who walk, bike, carpool, or take the bus to or from school at least one day during the two-week challenge).
Visit our resource/promotion kit for materials to help you complete the challenge.
Qualifying Performance Criteria
- All walk, bike, bus, carpool (3+ people per car; more than just family members ride together, count only students)
- Walk to School from remote point of community (1/2 mile minimum; remember safety and carpool from origin location)
- School bus ride encouraged from home or remote drop-off location for walkers/bikers
- Students must do at least one trip
- Faculty and staff must do at least one trip for Way to Go and four trips to earn 15 extra VEHI PathPoints (report to your school Wellness Coordinator for credit)
- 50% of total school population (students, faculty and staff) to be eligible to compete for solar tracker
- Earn extra credit points (refer to webpage for details)
- Report student participation results online on or before October 10th to be counted for grand prize and recognition.
Do you have what it takes to win the Carbon Cup this year? The school with the greatest participation, on the most number of days, will win the coveted Carbon Cup to showcase at their organization for a whole year (bragging rights included, of course!).